Sunday 15 October 2017

A game of two halves and a little wander

Did the usual last night and fell asleep at the start of MOTD. So I missed Man City tonk Stoke but woke to see Chelski and Arsend Wenger get turned over by the minnows in the pond. Which made me smile. A lot. That Erikkson at Spurs has got a wicked pair of feet btw.Whipping it  in on the run on the voley, dead ball and everything.

No minnows on  my local river Bure but a lot of fry which is good to see. Thought I'd start off on the river after lunch now my pin is back in service.  Bright and clear so I wasn't expecting the better fish to show, and that was how it turned out. A lot of very small dace on the bait straight way even with 5bb just up from the hook. Sometimes a bit more of a pull back and that lovely twisting fight of  a better dace..


the flash of red and lovely blue sheen of a roach..


the bullish charging about of a perch, all hump back, spiky dorsal and stripes..


and the more determined dash for cover of a chublet.


And on the bluish lagoon as the clock struck 3 (always 5 minutes late) and hemp and caster or bust. I
I'd gone back to the stage to give my corner patch a rest. First cast and it seemed  I had chosen well.


Despite dotting right down with enough down below to also register a lift it was hard going.


Of course looking back given the warm wind I should have sprayed the remainder of my reds and fished up in the water.  But I didn't.  An hour to go and I dashed round to he corner swim, amongst the thickening carpet of falling poplar leaves. No dotting down here given the tricky dark and light fishing into the sun but increasing the feed and moving the droppers up did result in more  and better fish as the light went.




The bigger ones often have this golden cast but there are no rudd to cross with.


Not enough time to fish today but had to get out to feel the sun in my bones and my upturned face .


Oi oi Mr. Roach






Now, for that wander, and wonder a bit further afield. 14 fish there at least, and not much change from 75 pound. Probably a bit more.You do the math.  Slightest sound and they are all under that overhang, all tucked in and nothing to see. Verbotten unfortunately. Isn't that.always the way. Just like those chub in that millpool that always  featured in Lewis.



























6 comments:

  1. Lovely looking river that, quite envious of how pretty it looks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. It's coming good again on there again. We must never forget how precious our rivers are.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. "Do the math" ? No, no, no, as your hero once said. It's maths and it always will be.

    "Stand the church clock at ten to three / and is there Maccy Ds still for tea ?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thatcher my hero? Would probably prefer the braying donkey Paisley and his "Never. Never. Never"
    I like that last bit.

    ReplyDelete