Saturday 20 April 2019

Nearly man to mad dogs and English man

It's warming up an the fish are on the move. I headed to the other end of the pool and under a large willow. Plan was feeder on the tip for an hour or so whilst sorting out my main feeder and method rods for the coming weeks.


Dry nets so yup, a blank. Shouldn't have been: I had a very decent tench that unusually straightened the hook just as I was planning where best to take the grin for the camera shots. Bugger I said.

Did get called out on lens man duties at the other end of the pool twice though. Two lovely commons for a very happy chappie.


Even hotter today but thought up on the stages would mean I'd get the breeze and the residents feed most times of the day if you give 'em some snap. Just one small roach on the corn but a couple of better fish on the mini Source, as per usual. This tench gave me a lovely scrap  but was strangely coloured on one flank. Fairly standard on this side, with a touch of that rosy rash they sometimes have (and a parrot mouth).


And though it's a phone shot very different on the other flank.


I finished off with this smallish bream before  heading off to slaughter a fatted calf for the returning prodigal Metropolitan Elite















2 comments:

  1. Hello BB- Well done on those spring tench; I've tried twice and failed twice! Had a lovely, wild-looking carp last night, though. Still, it's twenty degrees tomorrow down my way, so I'll be off out and having another go in a local pond... Best Regards, Gazza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope youur pond expedition went well. Looks like the winds will drop again tomorrow so fingers crossed all round

      Delete