Saturday 14 September 2019

Hand held

Fishing opportunities have been sparse of late but I have  been on the bank a couple of times. And just how quickly are the nights drawing in. Anyway, got a few hours in the reopened (Now Green) Lagoon. Hopefully more bods on the bank and the cormorant pair will stay off, at least whilst someone is about anyway. Golden juicy grains of corn over hemp had a stream of hand sized + roach, skimmers and inbetweeners coming to the net. They are looking a bit washed out in the algae green water.


Most pleasant. And of course ginger beer. Always the ginger beer. Until the tin is too cod too hold


Fishless sortie to Golden Pond, one took a bait on the drop and lost itself in the pads but I was treated to these all afternoon. There are so many red darters but with those red tips to the wings most likely a male ruddy darter


And on the way home from  a busy work day yesterday sought solace on a bend on the Wensum just outside the city reaches. Lovely simple stick float fishing with plenty of these fellers in my stolen hour.



Lovely deeper stretch with plenty of runs and cover and should I be Naarich way lots to explore before winter sets in. And as I was musing to myself as to why I have never caught a minnow on my more local Bure in 50 years the bob bob bobbing float announced their arrival in my swim. Pests.










No comments:

Post a Comment