Monday 6 April 2020

Hedging my bets.

I have 4 decent length hedges  round the back of Bureboy Villas that were in need of a quarantine trim. I don't mind doing them but I do have a tendancy to fall off the ladder and either slice the power cable or on one horrible occasion my left arm. Thankfully it wasn't the chain saw and the teeth jammed  when they neared the bone. A very, very lucky escape.

However on Monday up hedge one I did knock out and loose a spectacle lens (luckily again for my next to useless right eye).  Lockdown precautions observed, the Optician took rather a lot of dollar to send off to Hungary for replacement glasses. Getting used to my lop sided temporary view of the world.

No dramas for hedge two and three on a glorious spring Saturday. This is a wild cherry plum hedge that really needs to be taken back to its main trunks, stripped out of the holly and be lowered a couple of feet.


Not an option when even the quarantine trimmings pose a major dispsoal conondrum with no access to the dump atpresent and no prospect of incinerating them. Takes a while to reduce the butchered remains to 2 or three inch sections with secateurs..

No comments:

Post a Comment