Saturday 6 June 2020

One sanitised gate closes, another opens.....

The extended warm period had made the likelihood of a doggy doggy fest on my slightly further go to venue meant I crammed in a couple more trips before the sanitised gated closed (hopefully as the nearer go to Very Local sanitised gates reopened).


I guess tench jizz is a lot lighter than eggs, the lovely little male above wearing his spawning scars seemed otherwise in good fettle but I recognised this empty female as the one I weighed at 4.06 a couple of posts back. 


A completely different beast to the plump old girl of almost exactly  a year ago when she weighed in at 5.11 and obviously holding her spawn. That's over a pound and quarter more.


Enjoying a few dog roach too.




Wouldn't be a Phase 2 post without some garden  scran and booze would it?





As expected the willow roots were soon rocking as prime mudpigs went into a frenzy and the gates were closed with a final squirt of sanitiser. I was looking forward negotiating the new Covid-19 rules on  my beloved Very Local. Not a good start on Wednesday, this is as far as I got as I'd left the rather vital floats and hooks at home. Feeling lousy anyway.


Feeling somewhat better and with floats and hooks checked in back to the same spot the next evening. The road traffic thundering past just a few feet away was certainly back to near pre Bozza Balls-up levels.


The fish didn't seem to mind though the jacuzzi only produced one hittable bite which was from a chain-mailed mud pig, all raised dorsal that threw the #12 barbless QM1 as I tried to negotiate it round a trailing briar. Oh bugger I shouted at the passing X55 heading back empty to the depot, no doubt to be sanitised as well.











1 comment: