Monday 3 January 2022

Slow start to the year then...

I probably didn't fancy it in all reality so I noddied about for ages before making up the flask. That soup again.


I drove about a bit after getting worms as the pub was shut and plumped in the end for the straight below the rail bridge as the mill pool I'd intended to roll worms around was a bit fierce. I left the quiver tip rod in the charabanc and took out the pike rods. Bait, halved pollan. Strange looking things. The small scales fall off really easily I think the myth is that they are buoyant. Until you cut them in half anyway.


Fished to and down from two bush swims, and searched the slack between them quite hard. The  river dropped noticeably, being run off at the end of the non tidal. 


Two bleeps on the pollan head which didn't develop, on retrieval the hooks were attached to  a branch, The larger tail portion also raised two sharp knocks on the rod tip to no avail.


Slight disappointment soon dispelled by Man U loosing to Wolves. Phil Sausage Meat Jones being dragged out to play after 2 years off and all. 









3 comments: