Wednesday 13 April 2022

Dirk Wears White Sox

Dirk may well Wear White Sox but I doubt he wears odd shoes. I think the cataracts are starting to worsen...


As mentioned in my last post I've been mainly bream bothering, in that not much else seems to want to visit my stink net. The spawny old bugger below came to 4 maggots on a  B560 #12, on the waggler in an attempt to get past the small stuff as I suss things out and put an unexpected scrap on the albeit lighter float gear 

 
And this one fell to a wafer and the method. Might have a very  small touch of who's your father about it as I'd been told to expect on the new water. Wonder if they are related?
 

And this lovely thing confirmed it. A very respectable 2lb 13oz. A very different kettle of fish, love how hybrids look and how they fight back too.

 
Back much closer to home today, and despite the shoe mishap enjoyed soaking up some sun on Golden Pond. Slow going but such lovely surroundings making up for it.


Just the one, on the golden grains under a puddle chucker. Fresh young fish as well. Nice to be able to net them in water, not silt. Let's hope the levels stay up, its been heartening to see it saved from extinction. Would be nice to get a tench now.






















2 comments: