Thursday 7 March 2024

New spot, better than being at work.

Bit like the Loafer, making the most of the last Hurrah.  Tidal still the best bet on Monday, a couple of hours trotting with an outside chance of breaking out the feeder rod. One of the few accessible bank spots below the always soggy Coltishall Common. the tide does sometimes have an effect, even this far up but there is so much water still in the system it seems to mostly be on the ebb of late. 

First trot this nice little roach  and I thought things could only get better


In terms of bites it did, but most were tiny dace and roach and even a tiny perch. Lots and lots of tiny roach and dace. Every trot with most hit except when tying to pour and drink the warming soup of the day. LIDL have bought back their deluxe tomato and chorizo though I'm not sure a lot of chorizo was involved, certainly not an extra 50 pence worth. 



Nice and hot though which it needed to be cos it got colder and colder once the rheumy sun started to disappear. Chilled me to my bones. Too cold to piss about getting groundbait mixed and having a few chucks with the feeder though in hindsight I think I would have got through to some better fish.


Here are a few of the (slightly) better ones.






5 comments:

  1. I'd be happy with that session, lots of bites, nothing to moan about..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Mick Except the cold. I'm getting old.

      Delete
  2. Not bad for a couple of hours fishing. The tiny ones feed up the predators giving you something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking haul Wak. I'll have to try the soup.

    ReplyDelete