Monday 30 April 2018

Bad to worse.

Three days of cack weather have been getting me down, especially as I have been baiting a couple of areas for bream and had hoped to cash in.  4C when I set off this morning. 3 miles from home today (a grudging 7C)  in a gale and stair rods. A judder, a warning message  "check injector" and loss of power. Managed to get the Charabanc off the road and made the call. Recovery man flips off oil filler  cap an hour later, says "turn her over "and then delivers the coup de grace: "Cam belt gone." Me. It's fecked then." He. "You could say that."

I'd just put £60 of unleaded in, just paid £250 Road Tax and I still  have 6 months left to  pay on the Charabanc with no GAP cover.

Silver linings though. The car wash was broken so I hadn't paid for that and I hadn't rung to get a new key card as the two I am mix and matching are almost useless and certainly unreliable for getting in and out of and starting said dead Charabanc. So that's *saved* about £90. And the eldest of the Metropolitan Elite has signed me up as a paid lens man for a project he is doing on coastal erosion. The Essex Scribbler has signed me up for lens man duties for his Exhilarated Outdoors sideline. No fee has been mentioned....

I need a "decent" petrol estate, for about £3k. Like yesterday..... And I think  I have made my decision to take early retirement. Takes about 5 months to process once I have been given a projection. 

1 comment: