Wednesday 7 August 2019

Back on it.

Not long been back from the Northern end of Majorca with for some of the time 7/9ths of the BureBoi Tribe.  A few trials and tribulations along the way as well as lots of moments of joy.  It was a relief when we touched down into Norwich International and only had a short drive home. I'll collect my thoughts for a fuller blog update shortly.


Touched earth with a quick bream on Sunday evening.


Had a couple of hours yesterday, it turned out in an absolute dinger of a cloudburst, alongside a busy road with constant spray from buses and 38 tonne lorries so I got as wet as I have been when fishing for a long time. Strangely the last two times have been on Golden Pond as well though in colder and more prolonged conditions and far more miserable.

It seemed the injection of fresh water had woken up the Pond and I had three tench and  two bream in short order. This time from the marginally deeper dam right close in and as a result the rod was hooped over magnificently.

One of the ones with  a hint of grey and pink on the underparts. Somewhat hiding its maleness with the merest hint of  enlarged pelvic arangements.


She has been in the wars for sure.


The camera settings were all wrong for the biggest fish, a male far bigger than I'd of expected from the Pond, again with  a damaged rudder and this time testosterone  crazy pelvics.

I quite literally bailed out after this bream, I could have stayed an hour and  a half more and cleaned up but the thought of getting a mini mountain of wet stuff, including me, in the car and home and dried out by wine o'clock was too much to contemplate. You can see my offering to the fishy gods round its mouth. Any bits of spat out boilie or pellet go well back into the fish's mouth in recompense.


I did bring back a very cheap bottle of whiskey, just right to toast those gods once more.









No comments:

Post a Comment