Monday 27 July 2020

In the gloaming

A late start yesterday evening and I'd not much time before curfew. In the Royal Box, and just to increase my chances a flat bed feeder down each flank and with a big buster on each. The left hand flank is a noted tench zone I'd been told and indeed the first baitrunner fizz was on the left hand rod  and what a lovely tench it was  Just a hint of a buttercup yellow belly. I've said it many  times but no matter what size they are tench just make me smile. When they are pleasantly plump I smile some more.

Not to feel outdone, the right hand buzzer blurted out a warning tone and a very shiny breamlet was  laid on the casually placed pads...

I'd sort of met the curfew by leaving at 9.....it's fairly dark already by 9.30 these days.






No comments:

Post a Comment