Friday 31 July 2020

Tenchmatic

Had an hour to spare so popped down the road to Golden Pond. I haven't been in a while and it has shrunk even more. More reason to visit whilst it's still there. I though I'd try this little apple ginger and lemon pick me up. Just as well as I swallowed a fly. Not sure about the old woman.


One fish fell off, one stayed on, despite a detour into the drying out pad. Perhaps the biggest fins I've ever seen on a tench, and a very unusual floppy dorsal.


Perhaps it's evolving into a mud skipper or a lung fish. Ah, the missing link. it could certainly walk on those huge pelvics and might have to if we don't have a month of rain. At night of course.











1 comment:

  1. You could be right, it looks like it could move overland if the pond dries up.

    ReplyDelete