Sunday 25 October 2020

Kicking the bucket.

Big wind forecast Saturday afternoon so down to the more sheltered reach to catch a few livebaits. Trouble was most were netters so only half a dozen roach and dace made the bucket. Twice the chubber dived into the depths and twice I missed. Next swim and another almost instant take and this time the fish stayed on. Not a monstrous perch but a pretty one. Then I kicked the livebait bucket over. 

Pre-prandial drive today with the Little 'Uns who were most intrigued by these errant pigs being herded back to where they'd bolted from then off to a local ruin to climb over all the history



Speaking of kicking over buckets (again), my seat twisted as I was reaching back for the landing net handle to net  a roach this afternoon and not only did I knock most of a pint of lovely fresh maggots in the river I broke the middle section of my trotting rod. Oh bugger I thought. Or similar. Here's a roach I caught before my  mishap.  Note the delicate shotting pattern...





4 comments:

  1. Lovely perch. You appear to be a danger to fishing rods ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often comes in threes so goodness knows which one I'll break next...

      Delete