Sunday 29 November 2020

Something to brighten up the murk

Looks like Bo Jo is getting beaten up by his backbenchers and gonna have to magic something up, well at least in their seats to climb down a tier or two. Will we ever know how many billions have been spaffed up the snouts in the trough cronyism wall?

Meanwhile here in deepest North Norfolkcestershire it's been grey and murky. Ventured out for an afternoon piking yesterday but as I had to go back twice, once for an unhooking mat then a pair of wellies so I wasn't expecting much. Perhaps that's why nothing much happened. A bluey halved was sent into several likely spots with only one half hearted take that I missed and a few bangs on the tips from crap coming down in the current.


The oxtail soup was uninspiring and the kingfisher I saw just a dark blur.


Grey, murky old Saturday. Not even any Noddy trains  as it's still Lockdown and no interesting dog walkeresses either.

Still murky today but a trip to Sheringham with the Prodigal and half of the Little Un's for a take away Grey Seal coffee and  walk up to the summit of the highest mountain in the world, Beeston Bump. Well, it's been called that on Google Maps till very recently. Some jobsworth has taken it down. The Google Maps  keypoint, not the Bump. Norfolk nose bleed territory, oxygen required.


Here is the converted toilets Whitehouse and Mortimer stayed in, see what they've done with the name? Wee Retreat if you can't read it.


It was getting dark by the time I'd got my trotting house in order, having forgotten to defrost the whizzed up bread so maggots it was under the trusty Advanta 5 AAA Avon and it didn't take long to get bites, and lovely roach too, really lighting up the murk, even more so in the light of the flash.


Then disaster, netting this one and the net fell off. Glued, not riveted I found out. Shoddy. I can't see why trout anglers use those tiny little short handled tennis racquet things on the bank (ok wading I suppose), almost impossible to net a fish unless on a manicured lawn. The Special  Place is not a manicured lawn, more a muddy gap in the reds which I have to cover up each time I leave. Not having every bugger in there...

 

Quick lash up job with some tape but not very secure.



 













Just about secure enough for the best and last fish at a cracking 1lb 9oz that surprised  a passer by. Which makes a mockery of my secret squirrel attempts. Funny blue edging to the dorsal, anal and caudal fins.

This is the closet you're getting to a location Buh.










4 comments:

  1. Nice roach. I think they've been eating those blue maggots to get that tinge. I'm not convinced pike feed on a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some blues in the loose feed. I don't think pike like Saturdays either. I don't really like them unless I'm going to the footie. Which some of us can soon. Colchester (I'm an Essex exile) might get their biggest gate of the season if they get their Tier 2 2000 in

      Delete
  2. Cracking Roach, older fish? must of had a blue rinse?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And one of those see through plastic rain hoods..

      Delete