Sunday 8 October 2023

Another roll of the dace.

Thought about the canal and rudd but time was tight so back to the Mill, as has been the case the last two trips the pool swim was taken so on to the bend. After the bend lots of near bank to bank reeds and ribbon weed.


No wind and the fish seemed more spread out but I was hampered by:  a large loop and knot unseen when I packed up last night. Struggling to see to join the line again with a blood knot then realising I'd missed out the butt ring. Then one of those impossible tangles between tip and next ring. Surprisingly I kept my temper.

Most trots a bite, most bites a fish. Mostly dace with just two roach and a pike that let go again.



Proper dark before 645. Still very mild. Little owl in the back garden when I got home.








5 comments:

  1. Am stealing this blog title - Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, looks my sort of river that !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly it's quite neglected Mick, and having been a navigation not a lot of wiggles to scour gravels etc but there are jewels to search for.

    ReplyDelete