Friday 6 October 2023

Punching

Work was doing my head in and I needed to get out into the windy but balmy late afternoon. Not enough time to get maggots but there was enough time to grab a couple of slices of bread. A pleasant chap on a wicker creel was in my intended swim, he had had some nice little chub (dace), some net perch and roach and  a brownie. 

I headed down to the bend where I caught my first ever Norfolk chub in horizontal icy rain and broke out the punch kit I'd bought in the spring but never used. In truth even the 10mm punch pressed out very small thin discs but I gave them a go. Neater than flake and bites came quick even with no feed. Half a dozen hand sized dace and it was time to go

The pleasant chap was leaving too, heading back to Leicester in the morning he said and kindly offered me his left over bait.


The sheep looked on as they always do.




2 comments:

  1. I always think bread should be bigger, a huge bit of flake! But happily catch on small maggots. No logic at all. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fish with bread often enough

    ReplyDelete