Monday 25 June 2018

I'm in a rut..

"I'm in a rut and I can't get out of it out of it out of it.." The working title of this post was Just the three Mrs. Wembley but that was several days ago now and I just can't get that song out of my head. A corker off the heavily dub influenced The Crack by The Ruts from a very long time ago now.


What rut? Well, a certain swim tucked  next to a silver birch on an island  the Very Local Water is becoming some what familiar. I can have the chores done, and been given the nod by the sentry and be fishing by 7.15pm. Rod rest holes are there,  slip a small loaded float on, push the Korum needle and stop through the 12mm Source ( I really want to drop down to 10mm but I have have  a quarter of a bag left), over cast and wind back, spread some pellets and a handful of the Source and admire the view and the relative peace.  That is from the back of the island and still virgin water. My curfew is just gone 9 (wine o'clock) and that's do-able if I am in the car by just before 9. It's that close


Back to Wednesday.Same old, same old I guess. I'd started a bit late and it wasn't long before 8 before any real activity. I'd been wondering why I had not caught any of the gorgeous rudd x bream hybrids from this end of the lake when the float dipped and on the strike a golden shape surfaced. Strong determined and  the classic hard fighting hybrid. I had stopped the determined rush under the pads to the left, and had averted calamity in the pads to the right when the hook pulled. Oh bugger. (I am using some short method hooklinks with an almost circle size 14, barbless. Perhaps the hook is just a bit small for the 12mm?) 

Out again to the plaintive last ditch calls of a cuckoo. In quick succession I tempt, hook and land three  fish. No hook pulls and nor foul hook ups either. Am I over thinking, going through the motions or enjoying what I've got so close?



Nasty split to the vent of this tench. 
.


Flash deployed so I probably got a black mark from the sentry. A wineglass is being chinked so my musings have been ended briefly at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment