Saturday 18 May 2019

If only...

Back on Golden Pond and as it still looked like rain not the Stages as planned but the more sheltered island and a brolly in case...

I'd just tightened up on the first cast, just like last night and away, this time at  a rate of knots and against the rear drag even before I'd picked up the rod. A mudpig of course and it was disappointing but not a surprise when some tussling on the pads ended up with a slack line. The ready tied  QM1 was  gone, and the Puddle Chucker was bobbing freely, all nice and self cocked. Out with a fresh rig and the Puddle Chucker continued on its journey as I hadn't done the clip up properly. Out again and I had three floats out there which was a bit annoying for a while. Twice the one that mattered dipped and twice  a fish was on then off. Thankfully the next one stayed stuck right to the net. A slightly rough and tubercled feller so a daddy bream....


The next bite saw me drop the rod in trying to strike and I wasn't expecting anything and wound into recast only to find the fish was on and almost at my feet. It powered off too quick for me to slip the anti reverse and the hook pulled. Decidedly tinca- ish.

Two more slipped up before I made a tactical retreat as the Commander in Chief's stay out later didn't sound too convincing and I wanted a longer pass out for tomorrow...


Eyes on the prize....





No comments:

Post a Comment