Thursday 23 May 2019

When routine bites hard and ambitions are low

Reading the exploits of fellow bloggers makes me wonder sometimes if I do set my sights too low? Tench for instance. I have three spectacular tench venues within 20 miles of me but I blanch at the cost and the waiting list and certainly the hours. I am lucky in that I can have a couple of hours 3 or 4 times a week close to home or on the way there form work but I haven't seen a dawn behind the rods (or Dawn's crack) for many years.

So, in the Horse and Groom musing over  a Lacons and these fine bar snacks about  which way to turn the wheel, Golden Pond or the Blue Lagoon when some casual homophobia had me  taking direct action with the dinosaurs responsible and leaving in high dudgeon rather than making a sound reasoned choice (about the pursuit of the largest, the direct action was my public duty).


Blue Lagoon then, and a variant on the old one on the float and one on the  ledger (two). I'll get the multicoloured goodies out of the way only because they only resulted in  a string of fresh looking  skimmers that barely bent the 1.5 tc tips. Those low ambitions again......



I laid down a good bed of hemp and some turning maggot/caster and on with a large grain of the golden goodness under a peacock 4AA waggler with an instant response. Not  a Bawburgh monster for sure but the waggler rod had to do some work. Perhaps that's what I seek. Something that kicks back at least? And looks well,  lovely.


Several more and then this solid hybrid as well.  Which, true to form did  have a right go


And as pleasing this lovely roach as well


The resident brownie was enjoying these for sure



So (again)? The money shot or mediocrity? That's in the eye of the beholder I guess and where I scratch the surface others may dig deeper. Happy with this though on this occasion, especially as it was on the float. I did reach for the scales on this occasion too. She just nudged over 7lb with St Peter's thumb print and everything. No swifts or swallows to admire my lucky hat though.













4 comments:

  1. Good work on direct action Wak. We want details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the full TT but a direct and public verbal tirade about fucking dinosaurs (no, not actaully fucking dinosaurs of any gender but you get my drift).

      Delete
  2. That's a big old bream, BB! I haven't done a dawn fishing run for years, either. I always fish dusk... Need to get a decent alarm clock...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not get past the gate sentry alive early doors what with the kids and all...S

      Delete