Saturday 7 October 2017

Casterama

Had an afternoon pass and was on the blueish lagoon by a little after 3 having taken a detour to try and source a replacement screw for my pin.

Had some scrummy shop turned caster, some much defrosted and  refrozen hemp/corn and back up maggot should I run out of the autumn angler's staples. I have had a few fish out of the blueish lagoon but not many of the bigger roach for a while and was hoping to  put that right before we get any frosts.

More rain forecast and certainly quite low light levels. Just right I thought. Not much tow today and I seemed to be able to hold the double casters nicely over the dying weed. Thee or four small roach fairly quickly then a decent fish  had me zeroing the scales. A gnats under 13 oz.


Despite some wayward feeding soon got into a good rhythm and a mix of roach (several netters), skimmers , hybrids and perch kept me busy in the increasingly heavy rain  culminating in this absolute stonker of  a roach, coming in at 1.05 and a reason to stop and retreat. 



Must of had a stone of fish in less than two hours. Had thought of the river tomorrow but weather permitting I might just have a longer bash on the blueish lagoon. Just can't turn down the prospect of  a possible bagging session, as long as my gear has dried out .

2 comments: