Tuesday 13 February 2018

Stir crazy

For lots of reasons I haven't been fishing for ages. And probably not again till Saturday. Still, I have got the last  two weeks of the season off.

Meanwhile:

Closest I have been to fishing was a whistle stop tour round Hoveton and Wroxham. A bit cold, and  a bit busy on the river.


Seems part of your guided piking package is a stop off for Maccie Dees. But in full Realtree? I'd want this in my guided price I think. Thick slices of roast pork, stuffing, apple sauce and crackling? Yes please.


I like beer, that's a certainty. But £10.99?


I have been on the train a fair bit which is ok as I do like a train. Mostly.


I  had to plan to get to King's Lynn today by train or train and bus. Either way with 3 changes and waits over three and a half hours each way and  costing about three and a half bottles of Adnams 6oN A6 Imperial Stout  before the cost of provisions and victuals instead I have a day of this to look forward to. Deep, deep joy.


Back to the fishing. I really really must make the most of my opportunities for some chub. I'd like that to be on trotted hunks of flake or quiver tipped cheese paste but do think I might have to get down and dirty and try the pellet bag and smelly krill paste wrapped round a boilie an d a big lead after dark approach. Lets hope the charabanc gets back on the road.

4 comments:

  1. On the two occasions I've managed to get to the drain it's had its ice-cap on. Tried on one trip, put the bait through the thin ice and it froze in. Got the bait and hooks back but had to slice thirty yards of frayed braid away when I got home.I'm waiting until some more predictable weather now to go after the perch with big worms. John

    PS Crown paint, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are scouring them in moss in a tobacco tin John. As above I've the whole last fortnight off so we could make a date or two. That might wake the Scribbler up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My local brewery Purity peddle this beer https://www.bottleshack.uk/beer/bottled-beer/purity-perro-tonto.html

    No, I've not tried any yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strike a light.. you can get a litre of Teachers for less.

      Delete