Sunday 22 October 2023

Piking it was

Rivers might have been ok (full and brown but not a raging torrent) but I didn't have any lobs to drown so headed off to Golden Pond. Seems I got as caught out by the heat of the sun as much as England did yesterday, pathetic excuse for a pathetic shower) and I shed as much clothing as decency allowed in full sight of the road.  Sardines popped up over the silt  was the plan.


The slit was quiet handy as I saw the shape of  a pike puff up under the 20gm Esox float which began to slide to the right. Quite a good scrap; even with the trapped in a car door sawn off  rods (3lb tc before the loss of a foot). 8 or so pounds, lightly hooked that took it's revenge with the first raker rash of the 'winter'.

Had a couple of trembles on the close in rod which didn't develop and that was it. Chased off a cormorant and was treated to a zephyr of long tailed tits as I packed up. Known hereabouts as bum barrels. 



3 comments: