Tuesday 12 March 2019

'kin hell...

It wasn't going to rain but it might get a bit blowy but calming later. It said. So off I went to the river, chubbing no hope but maybe a pike? I looked above and below two mills but not a chance.  To say it was windy would be a bit conservative but even in the 40+mph hooley someone was up that conifer with a chainsaw....candidate for a Darwin award I say.


Down the free stretch and a long straight with some features looked OK but would the wind be too much? Too right it was. And the unseen debris hammering down, even down the edge. I stuck it out for an hour and a half but it was not enjoyable. At all.


After a detour via the Recruiting Sergeant and  a pint of Southwold I found Newbie with the wind on his back in the car park swim on the  irrigation pond. Clever chap, no need for a catapult for his loose fed.  The wind was showing signs of dropping a tad and the sun came out. 20 minutes in and I twitched the lamprey section a yard or so. No sooner had I sat down the float was away. A very good scrap ensued and even some tail walking at the net. Long but firm and not all lean and we guessed 15 with the scales confirming it was a tad over 15. Newbie doing the honours as my lens man. Lovely ole job.











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pike, makes fishing in these silly conditions all worth while - nice one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a belter. No one else fishes for them on there. Not #carpy enough.All the more for me.

      Delete