Friday 21 August 2020

Boxed in

My thoughts are turning river wards, especially after this rain. Quick stop off along  the Well Creek just to get the running  water juices flowing. or in this case mostly ponded canalised juices trickling. Definitely seed baits time though I think I will be loading the charabanc with a whip, bucket and perch gear for the odd half an hour dangle

Just downstream of Marmont Lock


Middle Level Commissioner weed cutting in full swing.


Speaking of rain I had those festering nets and mats to retrieve before the impending hurricane struck  so hot footed it down with a couple of just in case rods in the back of the charabanc. I settled for the Royal Box as it gave some room to spread out the stinky things to dry off a bit more.

Farmer Giles compliance unit approved rods on bucket shot.  And that's the perchy bucket for my Fen raids, I've got an aerator unit for then.


Bang on the church bell chimed 8 o'clock I had  a double churn. The right hand one felt breamy , the left tenchy so I dealt with that one first. A lovely male again, I hope that's not a cormorant mark.


And on the right one of the greeny gold hybrids, which punched up to it's weight and more. Flash has made it more silvery.


I had twigged the Robin Red were feed pellets and the Spicy Sausage were multi-use and they certainly worked better in the flatbeds.


Getting dark by 8.30 and this last bream, which  did make the rod nod a bit hastened my packing up routine as it spat the yellow peril pineapple wafter off the hair.. And of course made the stink net and smaller mat wet again. Never mind.













2 comments: