Tuesday 4 August 2020

Greeny breamy

A different feel to the farm pond,  warm but the wind blowing the other way, very pronounce algal green and the only surface activity was the myriad pond skaters and masses of fry dimpling the surface. Not a day for the waggler but what?  I  sent out  a crude bolt rig effort  with an attendant pva mesh bag of small pellets whilst I readied the two flatbed method feeders. A couple of splashy skimmers and a very surprised looking roach before a decent take on the bolt rig rod produced a very truculent tench that fair beat me up before diving, peg on nose and everything into the waiting  stink net.


Little else to report for a while apart from the imbibing of a change brew, the next best thing to ginger is rhubarb after all. 




















A heavy shower and a brief flurry of bigger bream activity on the yellow peril pineapple and shocking pink tuna ensued before I decided I needed to go home and recharge my batteries, and de-slime myself.



St. Peters thumb print on this one. 








No comments:

Post a Comment