Monday 24 May 2021

Scratching

Work and the awful cold, wet and windy weather have made this Jack a dull old soul.  I haven't walked a river bank pre-season, been to see woodland glades awash with ramsons and bluebells or just laid back on the grass to watch the clouds scud by to the sound of the skylarks.

Fishing is never  a chore but the motions have been half heartedly gone through of late and perhaps due to my stubborn nature or lack of drive and ambition I've been scratching round for a fish, any fish really.

Saturday and I learnt the hard way how different in size thus appropriate for maggots Kamasan B560 #14 (a tad small for dendro and corn) and the Kamasan B520 #16 were/are. A switch to the latter at least bought bites, not many but bites. All cold to the touch, a few roach, quite plump still so perhaps not yet spawned and this nice perch.


Sunday and I rigged up a spomb rod with a plan to lay out a banquet down on the old stream bed but wind and rain meant I prevaricated a while before setting off from BureBoi Villas and rain on and off when I got to the Next Nearest meant I just fished closer over catapulted pellet instead  from the Royal Box and just two bites on the flat bed method feeder, one missed and one hit on the yellow flouro peril. I wouldn't say it fought but it made sure it evaded my toothy furloughed ever present companion.








No comments:

Post a Comment