Sunday 30 January 2022

A fish. Any fish. I just want a fish

January has been fishless and last Sunday's outing didn't improve things. Well not fish in the net or on the bank improving things anyway. I did get my bread dipped and in several spots too. But not my Stinking Bishop.

It wasn't bread though that got the tip quivering, it was a big juicy lob fished over to those reeds. I hadn't scoured my worms in a tobacco tin full of moss Swallows and Amazons stylee though and the hook came back sans worm or fish. The subsequent cast did result in a fish attached and a decent one at that but in true chub stylee (no chub in Swallows and Amazons) the fish attached the hook to a stick instead of nestling in my net. 

                                       

Car Trouble Part 2 (you've got to push push) at 420 quid and confirmation of cataracts  and possible torn retina in my all  (and my only properly) seeing eye whilst being trousered for a further whopping 270 quid for new specs wasn't really the week I expected, and top it off Littlest Little Un had another week of home schooling despite having beaten the Rona as school was rife.

So it was nice to actually get a fish in the net and on the bank today. Just 3 dace and 2 bumped but I'm off the 2022 fish and species mark. Quite a flow on today so they did twist and turn a bit. They became quite active right across in the second push where the side stream comes on dusk so it's back soon with a fixed spool or even the maggot feeder before they bugger off up that side stream to spawn.






4 comments:

  1. Great to get among some fish, here's to a good 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a start. I've had similar wallet wincing costs with the car and specs as well, so know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete