Sunday 27 February 2022

Cold Comfort Farm

Bright, cold and fierce wind. River being run off way past its bones. Slight bit of shelter on the staging with a high bank behind me on the farm pond. I had to fish quite overdepth to beat the undertow and bites were hard to see, just a brief lift of the float. I connected with two, both small roach. Left over hemp and groundbait bagged and in the freezer. Some may be deposited in the Suffolk Stour on Monday.


A well known long since escaped Harris Hawk, trailing jesses nearly flew into my windscreen on the way to the pond and I was treated to a goshawk flying over the poplars on the dam. Kingfisher too, catching the brilliant light of the low sinking sun.  

1 comment:

  1. Bright, cold and fierce wind never seem to be the best conditions for pond fishing. Still you managed a couple.

    ReplyDelete