Saturday 7 January 2023

Dusk

A grey, mizzly sort of day but I got a fair bit done in the garden before venturing out to get  a pint of reds from Dangling Indirect as my last lot had got out of their box and everywhere in the fridge and garage. Beware the paper grab bag trick. They automatically add a paper bag for 10p to your order it seems, even if it hasn't been audibly offered. The shop, not the escaping maggots...

Anyway I had half an hour or so to kill so I took said maggots to the lock as it was stuffed with fish  judging by the muddy foot prints.

 And indeed it was. Stuffed. Dace and roach mostly. I'll take more selective hook baits next time. Lots of very small fry too. It's deep at around 10 foot  and obviously a nice refuge area when the main river is pushing through.












5 comments:

  1. Somebody told me about the paper bag trick. He thought they were taking the piss because he'd brought his own GoOutdoor bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The canal I take it,some damn purdy roach there,I had to laugh about the maggots bid for freedom,I bred a load the year before last and a load escaped!we were inundated with flies the following summer much to the wife's annoyance, I didn't tell her it was the escapees from my breeding attempts.

    ReplyDelete