Tuesday 3 January 2023

Merciful release

I'd said mum was very poorly Friday, in pain and mostly somewhere else but she knew that we were there. Saturday and the Community Nurse had set up and started the syringe driver before I'd set off back down again and dad, my brother and I spent a peaceful late lunch together with her as she slept finally in the peace I'd not seen seen her in for several weeks. I'm not sure if they knew how soon it might be but I set off having said my last goodbyes.

Dad said the Old Years midnight fire works from the Sailing Club woke him and perhaps her briefly and she died shortly afterwards. She had shrunk to half her size in a few short weeks. A vicious bastard is cancer.

These fireworks are for you mum. We have ours on New Years Day evening so you have had double.






13 comments:

  1. Very sorry for your loss. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Steve,lost my dad to pneumonia just before Christmas,he had been suffering from dementia and likewise sadness at his passing but relief the suffering had ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that too Dale. Peace for them.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read about your loss. Stay strong and remember the good times - Dyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you say finally at peace now, thoughts with you and the family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss, those fireworks do paint a great picture of life and hope. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only just read this - I've nothing useful to say, but condolences and I hope your dad bats through this time as well as he can.

    ReplyDelete