Wednesday 10 May 2023

Stuff

Friday and it looked ok for a quick dash after work, charabanc loaded, short drive to Golden Pond. Then it chucked down a Coronation Rough Sleeper soaking monsoon. Funny that the low tolerance Met turned  blind eyes to the great red white and blue pop up Glasto. Makes a pleasant change from tasering the homeless. Back home, turkey twizzlers for tea etc. then I returned to a mill pond like surface, with mist wreaths rising. Looked bob-on for  a bite but the bubbles only started as curfew called  so fishless off I went.

.

Coronation Quiche Day saw me and the Little Un's heading down to Devil Dog land to see Pops, Brother Paul and Niece Hollie. Oh and hope to see the Royal Fly Past. No adoring crowds lined along the A12 this time, they must have known bad weather had scuppered Algy's plans. We popped out of the pub just in time to see the Red Arrows swoop by.


Sunday and Monday mostly saw me bothering bream and tench after a quick sortie with the Little Uns who had  a waggle for some roach and perch. perhaps we'll put one of these down the edge next time. 



The bream and tench? Nothing massive but nice none the less.




This poor old tench is in a right state, recovering slowly from cormorant damage. it's quite a friendly fish though (3 times out in a week or so for me) and hopefully it will heal enough for  a full framer soonish.


First cuckoo heard, and as I was surveying the insect laden surface of the Pond two swifts burst on the scene, scything, sickle wings and screaming. The world is turning still.








4 comments:

  1. Tench, swifts and a cuckoo. Can't be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog makes me smile - Not sure I am the best critique, but I always enjoy the read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete