Wednesday 25 September 2024

Golden memories

Thorpeness Meare is the centrepiece of the holiday village created by Ogilvie early in the 19th Century on the Suffolk Coast.  Shallow, weedy and and extensive at 60 acres it's a lovely place with it's colourful hire boats and the iconic Head in the Clouds which is clearly visible from Aldeburgh.


It has fish, and they're free to fish for which is more than can be said for the hire boats. Just right for the not so Little 'Uns.


I did have a quick bash myself each of the three evenings we were there, and it's just as stunning at dusk.


Full of rudd, and the odd roach or hybrids and plenty of pike activity. I had corn which might have been more selective but I made do with maggot. As near to a roach as I got


Mostly rudd though.




 
  




2 comments: