Sunday 6 October 2024

Catch up

Picked up the bite a chuck from Thorpeness with slightly bigger gold bars elsewhere and enough roach to have me thinking about a different approach to get a few for old times sake.  


The river had changed after  a couple of weeks away, a few more gaps but frustratingly  fresh reeds growing up in place of the dying willow herb. Couldn't get many decent trots in but did find a much deeper area for future reference.  

Not much to write home about. And sorting a tangle out and disaster as the cannibalised anti-reverse pawl popped out and that bought an end to my trip .I'd had to tighten the  locking nut a couple of times beforehand. By chance I saw it as I made one last check having broken the rod down and packed up.

Cut to today. I 'd got some fresh reds and even casters for a crack on a different stretch. Got the broken down rod out to retackle and the spool fell of the reel. I'd lost the locking nut somehow. If only I'd  retackled on the bank and made sure the locking nut was tight.  Out with the other pin (also without a anti reverse pawl) to nick the locking nut. Family stuff intervened and I ended up with an hour at best. l  need an excuse to use them up the week.  Perhaps those roach.....

An unseen knot kept jamming in the rings, once sorted  found some nice fish in the flow from the weir till it was too dark to see the float. Roach, perch and chublets but no dace. Nice  to get amongst them.










Gonna have to find some spare parts for my (now discontinued) reels.



No comments:

Post a Comment