Saturday 23 December 2017

Goodbye darkness my old friend

Ring out Solstice bells. Slowly, barely imperceptibly at first the days are starting to draw out. I had two and a bit hours today and intended to spend some of It at least on my new low level seat. Light and comfy, not sure about the arm rests but time will tell. Beats sitting on the unhooking mat for sure.

I  thought I'd dropped low enough to avoid my new found friend but not to be. On the bank again but thankfully lightly hooked so quick head and mat shots and back again. 


Not the only pike in the river as just before she/he took the bluey for a trundle another fish had swiped at the upstream bait on the way in.  However  a bit baffled by the lack of other chances.Next day out will probably not  be until the New Year and I fancy some wag and mag roach if the frosts keep away.  Might sneak in a west  end recce if  the gods smile on me though

5 comments:

  1. A good friend, what are they for? I hope you threw your spare bait in as a present for him. Merry Christmas. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got two half blueys to keep him going, seems to like them.

      Delete
    2. BB - did you bother to stick her on the scales? I have a similar friend in one of the drains and she has put on 14 oz in eight weeks, despite four visits to the bank. It would seem that decent handling and un-hooking techniques are not detrimental to pike growth potential - Have a good one - Dyl

      Delete
    3. I didn't weigh it this time Dylan..might do it it comes by towards the backend.

      Delete