Monday 4 June 2018

Still on it

We had a massive cloud burst on Saturday and for a while Bureboy Villas was surrounded by
a brand new moat, some of which was entering  the floor void via air bricks and cascading off the roof and in via  the  tops of the glazing units.We have soft red Norfolk brick and no cavity so the water wicks right up then slowly evaporates.  Down the road in the notorious dip a camper van was marooned under the rail bridge causing some degree of traffic chaos. 

Didn't think it wise to ask for  a pass out..

Sunday and I had thought of braving the dam and its constant roar of traffic  but the sun broke through as I entered the gate and its a sunstroke spot until the sun hits the high trees behind so ended up on the island with  thoughts of tench somewhat diminished. I can think of worse places to sit  and will a float to dip however.



The float did dip a few times and three bream graced the island briefly. This first fell to my trusty mini Source.




This sprightly old bugger got a red thingy wrapped round it's dorsal and gave the Grey's 15 footer a real work out. The watching crew were convinced it was a carp.


I did go for a two rod approach for a little while, mostly for comparisons sake. I was surprised  just  how much lighter and stiffer the Drennan felt alongside the longer Greys (15 ft.).  I might just get another Drennan for those close in swims where two floats  can be easily watched. And just to match it up another cheap pin.

I'd been baking and had no drink or pack up to eat and had just caught my last cast fish when the sentries announced I could stay longer.  I'd have moved down to the now shaded dam if my stomach wasn't eating itself.  There's always tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment