Friday 1 June 2018

Dip and double-dip

Very short session on my island paradise, 3  casts with the obligatory  mini Source under a waggler  and a tench was making it's way somewhere down the lake. The hook pulled and it bow waved on for a while. 21.15 on the dot as I was about to throw in the towel away into the pads to my left. Out into open water, then in close round my feet and back to the pads, hook pull. Looked a  good fish too.

That was yesterday.  Drooped in on the commute water on the way home. Sun had burnt off the sea fret and carp charging about everywhere.


One took the mini Source on the drop and shot off down my blind side. The Drennan 13 Specimen Tench takes it all in it's stride.


Pass out granted and second sortie of the day underway, on the island with unfinished business to attend too. The pellets work their magic and in short order the float just blips under. Runs almost straight into the net then goes berserk. 


I am called to attend to a carp that has embedded itself in the pads. By the time I get the rescue boat there all that is left in the pads is the lead.


By the time that's sorted it's rain stops play. A good hour early says the sentry.





No comments:

Post a Comment