Monday 1 October 2018

Using my loaf

Had to drop my boi off at the gleaming spire of academe, the brutalist paradise UEA. He doesn't get many hours taught for his £9k a year tuition fee so I only had 90 minutes max. There's a very public stretch behind the concrete boxes. Red brick or Russell Group it's not. There were plenty of fish on the deeper run along the lumps of broken concrete and  predictably the first thing to dash out and grab the flake first run through was a chub. Not one  of the better ones but a chub anyway. OK a chublet...



I turned round to pinch on another piece of flake only to find my hands stuck in the slobbering gob of Hugo who was trying to get in the placcy bag after the bread. Off Hugo bounded with said bag to its dithering walkers who flapped around trying to encourage Hugo to drop the bag of now mashed up Wharburton Blue by power of word alone. 

The next two pools were ruined by Tyson and another  nameless hound chasing tennis balls and half  trees lobbed in for them to fetch.

My banker swim, a shaded deeper near bank run was occupied by two people intent on gnawing each others faces off. I lurked quite close and not at all furtively so off they sheepishly went. In truth the rod was too long for the situation but I did get one of my intended species. Not sure what the face noshers got.



No comments:

Post a Comment