Tuesday 18 June 2019

Mucky old mudpig. Then then there's the carp....

Just a very quick go on Golden Pond on Sunday after sending the  Prodigals on their way after a corking lunch cooked by the Metropolitan Elite. Stage One. As is often the way not a sign of  a bubble until I could hear the Sentry warm up the searchlight and getting ready to unleash the attack dogs across the fields.  Two bream in two casts, the latter all tubercled up again.

Monday evening, Stage 2 on Golden Pond for  a slight change. It's a splendid view.


Plenty of fish to go at so out with two rods, both fishing the puddle chuckers.


A bream to break the seal and a stonker of a mud pig that slipped the hook.


This big old bugger didn't slip the hook though. Had great difficulty getting it in the stink net , scooping up it's weight in silt as well. Said silt applied itself mostly to me. I'd packed the 12 lb scales  not thinking I'd need the bigger set so I'll never know how big it was. Heavy though and certainly the largest carp I've ever landed.










No comments:

Post a Comment