Sunday 8 March 2020

Bastard wind.

More of that cold bastard wind. It's driving me absolutely nuts. I've been out most days this week but it hasn't made it easy. 

Wednesday saw me  trying to find a few bits on the waggler to see whether a more serious effort would be worth considering some time soon. I snared a tiny roach on  a bare hook whilst checking  the shot loading on the float. I found 14 more but nothing worthy of the net once I'd baited up, and 4 swingable  skimmers as well. Oh, and a decent perch that might have troubled mid double figures (ounces).

4 times a down the edge smelt was picked up. Once dropped, once  ejected  after a few head shakes, and twice the trebles stayed in. Double figures (pounds) not far off


 This one was over twice the size of the first and had possibly spawned recently.


Thursday was very windy and I tried two glides and a mil pool for one missed bite on maggot. No  rain.

Friday and I slippped over to the dark side with pva mesh bags and method feeders.






I needn't have bothered. Too early? I did chuckle over the EDP's reaction to Naarich's win over Spurs the previous evening. 16 actual pages.


Today saw me get quite wet on a cold windswept river for one decent feeling pike that fell off somewhat undramatically.


A chicken soup sort of a day. Hotter and nicer than it looks.


And of course, once I'd capitulated the wind died away to lovely trotting conditions.







No comments:

Post a Comment