Tuesday 26 May 2020

Dogging anyone? Perhaps that's why Cummings went to the Castle.


This is our bustling Market Town in Alert Phase. Should look like a proper Market Town from the 15th. And with two opticians (emergencies only) I haven't a need  to drive 30 miles and back to see if my eyes work enough to drive to London.  


This bridge gets struck at least yearly. You'd think hauliers would make sure their drivers read maps or set Sat Navs for high vehicles. We do have thee bridges for one rail line in town but this one gets most grief.


Anyway, my next after chores trip was a little further afield under no bridges as my local is a carp dogging fest at the moment, intermingled with bream dogging. Just an hour and down the edge with  a wafter (Source) and bag  and basic shop bought rig. I have never learnt to tie the grinner or a loop tiny enough for the hair loop on a knotless.

I'd only just set the bobbin when it was pulled out of my hand by this female of 4lb 6oz.  Several of the bream and tench on this water have that black spot. It's not the snail spread black spot though, just one single black mark, a bit like St Peter's thumbprint.  An empty fish, perhaps the tench have had their dogging fest already.  







No comments:

Post a Comment