Sunday 5 July 2020

Bastard wind. Again.

As I type this the wind should have dropped from 40 mph to 23 mph. At least it's got some south west in it and its warm. And so far dry. Still hate the bastard though.

Yesterday the bastard was carrying some spiteful showers with it which were dampening down some of the expected surge to cafes and outside drinking now BoJo and Cummings have  passed the Covid buck firmly on to our doorsteps. The Little'uns made do with some ices in a tub, being closely corralled by Normal for Norfolk Desmond's guard geese. More distressed than chic but I guess he's not had the trade to pay the staff to get the place up to Brancaster and the Burnhams faux rural. Which is ok as it cuts down on the Boden Brayers a tad, and the wood fired pizza oven smells divine. I'm sure we'll be seeing his bushy eyebrows a few times this summer.




I'm not that good with the apostrophes myself. As I sure you will have noted.


After an extended foray into the miasma of exhaled and expectorated viral load in the supermarket "Can you get soft cheese"  after I'd just left the shop I loaded the brand spanking shiny new to me charabanc with tackle and bait and set off for the smallish water.  I opted for  the Lawns and two  flatbeds just past the ledge, an easy swing out despite the fierce wind. Close enough to spread several catapult fulls of pellet and hemp. I opted for a pineapple wafter on the left rod and a big fish buster on the right. 

It didn't take long (as the church clock chimed five) for this little female tench to pick up the yellow pineapple peril and one of it's similarly small chums fell off at the net on the next lob out. 


Buoyed by success  out with another spoon shaped goody bag and try as I might I couldn't get the bobbin to stay clipped on. Mostly because a  carp had made off with the spoon spaded goody bag. I know it was a carp as just I was thinking just how I was  going to frame the gurn and bear it shots it rolled revealing a scaly flank and the now empty goody bag flew back at me.

Next up in the queue for the yellow pineapple peril was this lovely roach. Strangely most of the queue would be for the yellow pineapple peril.


Another yellow pineapple peril victim, this male tench  put up a game fight until the power of the 12 foot 1.5 lb tc Korum All-Rounder had its way. I didn't weigh it but it might have been gesturing toward the upper end of 4 lb


I did weigh this bream though so I can tell you that it troubled the scales as far at 7 lb. Exactly in fact. 

One carpy look lovingly at it selfie.


And a wry is that sensor going to pick up the signal glance. I never remember the sensor is on the right hand side of the camera body and pick the remote up with my right hand (probably because I am right handed) so it's always a bit of a juggle till the tell tale LED lights up.


I'd decided to be home by 7 and as the Big Fish Busters hadn't busted anything  stuck on a yellow pineapple peril and bingo....an emptier bream than the one above so just the mat shot and the weigh sling unbothered. Quite gloomy as you can see from the flash.


Last rod standing as I packed away and this little feller came to say goodbye. No green gold hybrid doubts about this one. And those  were the last dampened pellets in the bait box too.


As I type the remainder of this the bastard wind hasn't abated but we did venture out for a Mr Whippy cornet for the Little'uns.  


Oh, and I have taken the pledge and will never visit a barber shop again, quartet or not. 13 quid and 15 minutes of awkward social niceties saved every time I fire this bad boy up.

















2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that.

    I think that many of us will be avoiding the horror of the haircut post Corvid. My wife has discovered a previously untapped ability to keep my mop out of my eyes. It's still long and, like you, I dislike the windy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We must be in an almost permanent wind machine.

      Delete