Wednesday 29 July 2020

In the tench zone

I needed to collect my stink net from the farm pond so stuck a rod in the charabanc for a "just in case". Nearly back of the charabanc job as the stink net was drying out on the gate.



The usual Sourcery, no wet baits as it was a bish, bash, bosh and home jobby. Bag down the side then, and one of my new wonder bait wafters in a shop bought hook link. No German, Spinner, D or Ronnie  stuff for me. It's a hair and bolt when all said and done. The bag (or is it a stick) delivers a few goodies and helps minimise tangles. Or so I hope each time. I was fishing the tench zone from a different angle, no lovely scenic shots as Farmer Giles guards his homestead  with a 12 bore. We do shoot burglars round here after all. So you've got a rod butt on a bucket instead.


My Ron Thompson buzzer was a little temperamental but the fizzing baitrunner came to it's rescue. Someone who catches a lot of mudpigs says carp fishing is easy these days, because of the hair and bolt. Add a bait runner and even more bingo time down the right wing. Pre-hair we'd sit for a day, perhaps for just one twitch or stuttering run to hit or more often miss. First time out and five screamers, five fish on the bank (no mat police then).  You Johnny Come Lately newbies have no idea. Not a mudpig this time but my hoped for tench (I was in the tench zone after all). Pleasantly plump as well. Same one as last time? Possibly. I'll gloss over the tench sized hole in my landing net. Bet Farmer Giles had a right chortle as he/she viewed the shenanigans on the drone footage live streamed to their ancestral pile. Release the hounds.

  

2 comments:

  1. A wonder wafter BB! Now there's a thing! My tench quota over last two seasons has been dire....must put it right. Glorious colouring and that eye! Tight lines, Dickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catchphrase overload Dickie. It's all about that teddy bear eye isn't it? Get yourself some tench, you won't regret it I'm sure.

      Delete