Tuesday 29 December 2020

Crocked

Out en famille on Sunday to Cart Gap. Cart Gap? Its a gap in the sea wall for carts. We don't stand on ceremony here in North Norfolk. Its a long stretch of concrete and rock armour Norwegian granite blocks with extensive marram dunes behind, and further on from past Sea Palling just the marram dunes which are all that stand between the cruel North Sea and untold hectares of Broadland.

Anyhoo, tide in so clambered on the rock armour to make the short hop over to the concrete wall and as I landed right knee went one way and the rest of me the other, stopped only by my left wrist and rather a lot of pain. I managed to get up, and I hadn't broken my glasses or camera so that was a bonus. I could even walk, after a fashion.  My left arm was suitably hidden from the  Little Un's eyes. The scene of my debacle. Well, just after anyway. And no, it wasn't me behind the lens. It was the eldest Little Un.


I did manage a couple of shots, to stave off the inevitable trip to Minor Injuries later. Bush Drive and all the other communities hunkered down behind, and often in those mirrams are an eclectic mix, thumbing their noses to planning and conformity.


Artisan salt marsh lamb? Not round here Buh, honest old sand blasted chuck eggs. If you bring an egg box anyway.

I nursed the charabanc home somehow  and as waves of pain built, my wrist became more deformed and my knee ballooned I gave up my plan to sleep on it and was taken with haste to the afore mentioned Minor Injuries Unit and within half an hour  or so was x-rayed and back-slabbed. I didn't mention the knee as I reasoned I'd walked 2 miles on it. Bad enough not being able to drive..

Post procedure pick-me up.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Minor Injuries Unit near you do all you can to lobby for it's retention. 

8 comments:

  1. As mothers a want of saying, that was a stupid thing to do wasn't. Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's not to painful. To a better 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to get better in 2021? Keep blogging and stay safe - Happy New Year - Dylan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all hope so. But life is what we make of it. Keep safe as well.

      Delete
  4. Aaagh! I crocked my back on Boxing Day in a manner too embarassing to mention. Advancing age unfortunately means less resilience. Hope you recover soon and get out catching some more of those clonking roach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say stick to terra firma but it seems need to learn to walk again. The things we've forgotten in lockdown!!

    ReplyDelete