Saturday 5 December 2020

Sound system

Thursday saw a lot of rain and yesterday we had a white out so it wasn't surprising the river was up and filthy so a short session on a local farm pond was in order. Maggots mainly though I'd packed dendro's, hemp and corn and a prawn rod down in front of the died back pads just in case. Needn't have bothered with the prawn rod.

Flat dotted down (not a breath of wind) and just the merest dip or lift were struck and mostly successfully. Pale roach, some perch and a couple of skimmers. I'd been putting a few in the "new" net  just to get a  quick end of day shot and  several times a mid doubles pike tried to get at it's contents, so much so that I let them go in the end.



I'd forgotten how cold it gets in winter, and my toes and fingers were tingling. Full thermals next time out. Cold or not it was lovely listening to the plop of the kingfisher diving, the roar of the nearby weir  and the sound of Tier 2 allowed non-elite football being played again over the meadow. 

And a lovely flask of tomato and chorizo soup, courtesy of LIDL.






,

1 comment:

  1. Now there is a warming cup...I think I'll start carrying a thermos of soup.

    ReplyDelete