Sunday 1 May 2022

The Source of the Nile and The Duck Egg Blues.

The Source. I've banged on about it for ages now but what a bait. I use it in 12mm size and a kilo bag lasts and keeps for absolutely ages as I usually top up the loose feed with 6-8mm pellets, and usually those would be Spicy Sausage as the Source ones are  bit more expensive. I also have the wafters in about 15m.


And such is my faith that's all I used today for a brief excursion to Golden Pond and my Island Paradise. The mallard that has a nest in the bush seems to have deserted her post or been snaffled by a fox or similar. The greylag still sits on her clutch.


The rhodo buds are fit to burst and soon this will be a riot of purple.
 



It was a brief session as I had chores to attend to so just over 2 hours door to door. Two light link ledgers and bobbins today and it was the left hand rod nearest to the newly emerged pods that was the busiest being bent by three scrappy little bream. Small but I'd say fairly old fish these ones. It is really nice to strike an actual take, not simply engage the baitrunner now and then. 

















Shorts again today, and the fiery ginger beer to celebrate not turning into a goose pimpled  block of ice.


Quick shot behind whilst Ms Greylag  stretched her wings.




The fourth just on curfew and no need to strike for this one as it was  a proper churner and it was the biggest of the day, perhaps 4 lb. Happy days.












4 comments:

  1. Nice looking pond and those bream are very obliging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be like taking candy from a baby but you never know when a jolly old tench or mudpig might join the party.

      Delete