Wednesday 15 June 2022

Star spangled

As I type this drivel my lower back is in spasm and if I stand up I look like a crab that has shit itself. Strong look but putting my Glorious 16th river plan possibly in tatters. Lakes round me are closed for spawning so that's my go to if I can manage it.

I got out twice at the weekend, and  didn't travel far, and if the scenery is like this why would you? I just love being on Golden Pond at this time of the year.


Saturday came, and the Test was being unkind to England. Headed for my Island Paradise, and as it was a facer (warm but vigorous) i went for the twin bobbin approach. Bit of a struggle to get the 8mm pellets out where I wanted them, they did a delicious waggle dance as the gusting wind caught them


Plenty of activity, missed takes and a mud pig ploughing through the left hand pads before shedding the barbless QM1 but 3 fish did grace the stink net. The bream have had spawning bumps on and off since April and this one was no exception.


A very bronze bronze bream.


And the fattest little tench I have ever caught from Golden Pond, spawny I'd guess.


Sunday and the Staging was free, so the Puddle Chucker set up was employed  for another trio, this time just bream. And netfulls of tiny roach and rudd to scoop up at will.





 Looking down Golden Pond to my Island Paradise









6 comments:

  1. What a lovely looking setting, fantastic Tench too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Wak , but you've caught every fish in that pond three times over 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't really need to catch in surroundings like that.

    ReplyDelete