Saturday 4 June 2022

Tree stars

Boris being booed by Royalists and sightseers as he entered and left St Pauls has been the highlight so far of this week of puff and nonsense. Madge is plainly not well, and Charles if anything looked worse. Back to Boris boos, sadly more fuel to the fire of Nadine Dorries' bonfire of the Beeb and Channel 4. I charitably assume that her assume her swaying like a palm tree in no breeze is due to vestibular problems but there is nowt worse than the fury of a woman scorned is there?

I did wonder why crowds were lined along the A12  as we took the charabanc down to Devil Dog Land to meet the Olds, it became clear as all  the assembled Essex Bois, all gillets and flat capped decamped from the boozer we was in to see a very low level pass by the flypast headed down to that there London to possibly say goodbye to Madge for the last time.  This picture on the wall of traditional English pastimes made me laugh in these days of the mat police and single species holier than thou nonsense.


As well as catching up en famile presents were transferred from boot to boot as in those dark Covid days and some snap was partaken of.


Speaking of Essex Bois I was intending to deliver the Loafer a reel I'd picked up for him from the Fens along with a couple of hours of the flood tide after bass  and flatties on the North Norfolk shingle but he sent me to the wrong car park and after two miles trudging up and down the shingle I drove round just in time for a cloud burst so my rod remained firmly in the charabanc boot and not resting proudly on the second hand beach spike I'd found in Anglers Corner. The bass I did see caught would have struggled to compete with a swing to hand but still nice roach. 

Also in Narfulk and a lovely afternoon spent tucked away on Golden Pond in a little corner spot. Still close to the incessant road noise but enough tree cover to deaden some of the din. Those pads in the middle do need to come out to maker it safer to land fish on my lighter gear and it did make me hustle fish in a bit quicker.

Having said that, I was catching bream and apart from one that spat the barbless hook, and one that did get stuck in  a pad for a bit they don't tend to charge for cover like tench or mud pigs. Just the 4 but very nice indeed. First one to snot up my lovely new net


Net snottage continued with this one with a twisted upper caudal lobe, an old friend and a little more battered than last time it graced the stink net which was hanging up in in the occupied Island Paradise hence the deployment of the new net. I'm going to have to soak it in washing up liquid so it doesn't become the new stink net. I really got it because it had a deeper pan and I vainly presume to catch more than one chub from a swim at least once for a brace shot this winter.


The back of the swim was a carpet of fallen rhodo flowers and I must get round with the Nikon on a sunnier day before  the rhodos and flag iris go over.


Here's the final two. All fish courtesy of my old and dwindling bag of Source minis, over a bed of Spicy Sausage 6mm pellet fished under a 4grm Puddle Chucker in about two feet of water. Toodle pip.













7 comments:

  1. You assumed it was the same car park as before Waaaaaak. Cley beach car park. Pay attention boy 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But thanks for picking up the reel. You didn't miss much.

      Delete
    2. Check yer cool box next time...😃😃🙃🙃

      Delete
  2. Proper Mr Crabtree swim there!

    ReplyDelete