Sunday 6 November 2022

Fish futures

Truss may have been over enthusiastic about pork futures and cheese before she pushed Kwarteng into destroying our financial well being and I presume she is recovering somewhere after that zombie episode where she stood blinking behind Hunt. I hope my enthusiasm over a stream of tiny fish as a sign of future riches is better  placed.

I'd decide to sort out my shit tackle wise after my abject performance last time out, I stripped off the donkeys years old 2.6lb bs Floatfish I'd put on by mistake and loaded up with some  Maxima Chameleon as favoured by The Loafer. Red and quite stiff but it floated anyway.


I wanted somewhere different to try it and ended up on the Wensum, 2 foot up but still gin clear in the drizzle and gloom. Bites aplenty but all from tiny things. Dacelets and chublets which put up as much resistance as the occasional willow leaf I hooked up on. They were everywhere (the fish and the leaves).




I put back a  gudgeon bigger than any of them. One trip I didn't regret forgetting to pack the proper camera. Nice to have got out though. 

2 comments:

  1. Same here. I heard it was heavily coloured upstream but on the lower river it's just back to notmal level and flow. Certainly not a flush through.
    The next heavy rain might do it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have a go Sunday afternoon, l'll let you know. Enjoy the piking.

    ReplyDelete