Friday 24 February 2023

Brief interlude

I had an hour to kill so off to the aquarium. A whole pint of reds had turned into a sticky goo due in part to the measly amount of profit sapping maize meal Dangling Indirect had lightly dusted them with but I had a few older dry ones  I could use up. Dad and lad in the chublet spot but room to the right and I managed to snag three along with some small dace, wasps and a few even tinier roach.


Nice to catch on trotting gear, they certainly use the depth (10 foot) as they dash about in search of sanctuary until you see those white lips of surrender.. 



 
Dad and lad  had more dace than me on the pole, some quite decent and a perch of about a pound. All in all very enjoyable we said.

4 comments:

  1. Just the right size for trotting gear. Big enough to put up a struggle but not too big so as to cause problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Nothing too taxing but I might have a 'proper' go with better feeding etc. Whip would be ideal.

      Delete