Saturday 18 February 2023

Just the one Mrs Wembley

Windy, stormy looking clouds but mild enough not to get the coat out of the car for my quick session drowning half sardines on Golden Pond. 2 foot of water and more of silt, something to keep the bait visible at least was required even with a light lead.




I'd gone on my Island Paradise even though it was facing the wind (one rod out the back out of the wind too) so I could look out down the Pond for fishy movement, predatory or otherwise and there were the odd patch of bubbles, some small stuff flipping on the surface, the odd mud pig bosh and a couple of fry scattering raids so it seems the Pond is waking up nicely.

No frantic pike action, just the one Mrs Wembley just after I'd twitched a bait, this pike must have been waiting for something to happen as it snaffled it up straight away. Thin as usual for the Pond, very rarely do you get a porker.  Adapted to the shallow water perhaps, the tench are the same. Perhaps 7 or 8 pounds anyway.





5 comments:

  1. Mission accomplished, a pike was had. I knew a lad that had that twitch thing off to a fine art. For me it hardly worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely retrieve to recast without doing it. And it works a treat with worms when breaming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fellow blogger told me about twitching and I've used it ever since. It certainly works doesn't it !! Nice pic and fish btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick. I bet they hover inquisitively, it moves and wham...

      Delete
  4. Twitch away!! When it's safe to do so

    ReplyDelete